Sales FAQS

How do you value my home?

An accurate valuation of your home is imperative to gaining a successful sale. The first question a buyer will ask is ‘how long has it been on the market’. The answer to that question will determine how that buyer views any potential offer they may make.

You can rest assured that as property professionals we will give you an up to date accurate valuation of your home along with any advice we believe would help to sell your home quickly to the right buyer.

How do you market my home?

A lot of agents who have huge numbers of houses on their books will simply list a property and then sit back and wait for enquiries to come in. At Bloore and King we believe in giving the best most pro-active service possible.

Your home is your most treasured possession and also your biggest asset and should be treated as such. Your home will be marketed through our extensive range of websites such as Rightmove, and On The Market along with our regular pages in the Halesowen News. But we don’t stop there……we are a pro-active team…..our trained and qualified staff will be constantly be calling out and mailing potential buyers, talking to them about your home and getting them round to view it. This is how to sell houses!!

Are you Qualified?

Yes we are. Our staff are qualified by the NAEA or the NFOPP so you may rest assured that your home is in the safest pair of hands.

Are you regulated?

There is no specific regulation for Estate Agents. However any good agent should be a member of a redress scheme such as the ‘Property Ombudsman’. Also all Estate Agents are governed legally by the Estate Agency Act 1979. Bloore and King are members of the Property Ombudsman.

What is an EPC?

An energy performance certificate (EPC) is required by law for the sale and rental of any property in the UK. It is a measure of the energy efficiency of your home. As gas and electric prices rise this report is becoming more and more important to buyers. The EPC lasts for 10 years.

Will you show people round for me?

Of course we will...As part of our all inclusive service package we will wherever possible accompany viewings and show potential buyers around for you.

What happens when an offer is made?

Once we have a formal offer on your home we will inform you of this verbally and in writing. We will always try and negotiate the best possible price from the potential buyer and will keep you informed throughout the process. Remember, it’s your home and it is your decision on what offer you will accept We will advise you but it is your decision and we would never pressurise anyone into taking an offer they are not comfortable with.

What happens once I accept an offer?

Once an offer is agreed in principle we will then go through our standard confirmation process which includes making sure that they have the funds in place for the deposit and an agreement in principle from a lender if they are having a mortgage. If they are buying the property cash then we will request proof of entire funding. We will also ask for proof of identity to ensure we are complying with the latest money laundering regulations. Once you are happy with the offer we would also be delighted, should you want us to, get involved in helping you secure the very best deal on your onward purchase. Our excellent negotiation skills have helped many of our clients receive large discounts off the property they are looking to buy. Every penny counts when you’re buying your new home.

Do I then just wait for it to complete and let the Solicitors handle everything?

A dedicated member of the Bloore and King team will progress the sale through the whole process all the way to completion. They will be available for help and advice on any aspect of the sale and they will be checking and talking to your Solicitor and the buyers Solicitor to ensure a smooth and easy transaction.

Landlords FAQS

Which service level should I opt for?

There are two options, a fully managed service where you can sit back and relax while someone else takes care of everything for you or the let only service where you take charge once the tenants are in place. Click here to view our service level options and prices.

What if I have a Leasehold Property?

If your property is leasehold, as opposed to freehold, then you effectively have the right to occupy a portion of a building for the given duration of the lease, for example 65, 99 or 999 years. This form or ownership typically applies to buildings that comprise more than one unit, such as blocks of flats, though there are increasingly more freehold flats and apartments.

If you are a leaseholder you should check the terms of your lease documentation and obtain the necessary written consent from the Freeholder or the Management Company for the building before letting your property.

I have a mortgage. Do I need to inform my Lender?

If your property is mortgaged or you have a loan secured on the property then you must obtain written consent from your lender prior to the tenancy commencing. Your lender may also require additional clauses in the tenancy agreement of which you must inform us and they will often charge a fee for giving their consent for the letting to take place.

Who pays for Council Tax?

It is the responsibility of the tenant or tenants to pay council tax due on a property.

Who pays the utilities?

It is standard in most tenancy agreements to stipulate that it is the responsibility of the tenant to arrange and pay for utility services such as gas, electricity, water, telephone and television license.

As your agent we can arrange for the transfer of utility accounts to the tenant and between tenants if your property is let again. Meter readings will be taken at the start and end of each tenancy allowing for closing gas and electricity accounts to be drawn up. We will handle all these matters for you, but telecommunication providers will usually require instructions direct from both the landlord and tenant.

As landlord you are also responsible for all standing charges whilst the property is not subject to a tenancy agreement. i.e: when the property is vacant.

Who is responsible for the building and structural condition?

A well-maintained property in good decorative order will help towards a smooth-running tenancy. This will also have a positive impact in the form of a potentially higher rental figure. Moreover, we have found that tenants are more inclined to treat a nicely presented property with greater respect.

As landlord you are responsible to keep in repair the structure and exterior of the property and keep in repair and proper working order the installations in the property for the supply of water, gas, electricity, sanitation and for space and water heating. Repairs and maintenance are at the landlord’s expense unless misuse can be established. Also, interior decorations should be in good clean condition and preferably plain, light and neutral in presentation.

Should I let the property furnished or unfurnished?

The majority of properties on the letting market are ‘unfurnished’. A good working definition of this term is that it will usually include carpeting or flooring, curtains / blinds and a cooker.

We recommend that you leave only minimum furnishings and that these should be of reasonable quality.


Gardens should be left neat, tidy and rubbish free, with any lawns cut. Tenants are required to maintain the gardens to a reasonable standard, provided they are left the necessary tools. However, if you have very high standards for your garden or if it is particularly large then you may wish for us to arrange visits by a regular gardener.


At the commencement of the tenancy the property must be in a thoroughly clean condition and at the end of each tenancy it is the responsibility of the tenant to leave the property in a similar condition.

Information for the tenant?

It is helpful to the tenant if you leave a ‘useful information’ folder at the property containing manuals and documentation for operating the central heating and hot water system, washing machine and any alarm system. It is also good to include details of when the refuse is collected.

Provision of keys?

You should provide one set of keys for each tenant. Where we are managing your property we will arrange to have duplicates cut as required, we will also require a set.

Register with us


Read our News
Properties for sale


View our Properties
Properties for rent


View our Properties
Commercial Properties


View our Properties
On The Market Rightmove The Property Ombudsman Lettings The Property Ombudsman Client Money Protection Facebook